Apply for a scholarship
* Scholarship applications for Kindergarten 2020 close on 1 JUNE 2019. Get your application in now! *
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who attend Gawura are supported through the school’s scholarship program.
To apply for a scholarship at Gawura, please contact the Registrar, Mr Bruce Perry and ask for an Enrolment Application.
Gawura offers on average four scholarships each year to new Kindergarten students.
Scholarships are offered for each year of primary school through to Year 6. On completion of Year 6, students are typically offered scholarships to complete their secondary education at St Andrew’s Cathedral School.
Scholarships are funded by a combination of government grants together with the generous donations of individual and corporate donors and philanthropic foundations.
Scholarships cover tuition fees; one complete set of the current St Andrew’s Cathedral School Junior School uniform (not including footwear and additional uniform items); participation in all classroom activities and classroom resources. Items not included in the fees are excursion costs, transportation outside of the school boundary home pick-up service, admission fees to sporting venues, visiting shows or organisations, tuition fees for after-school activities, additional uniform purchases or any other ‘user pay’ activities.
All scholarships are subject to meeting the school’s enrolment criteria outlined below.
Enrolment application documents:
To apply for a scholarship at Gawura, please print, fill out and return the Gawura School Enrolment Application Form to the Registrar. The application form must include copies of:
- If applying for a Kindergarten scholarship – preschool reports, if applicable.
- If applying for a position in Year 4 or 5 – the last two years of school reports.
- Certificate of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander
- Student’s Birth Certificate or Passport
- Parents’ Australian Driver’s Licence or Passport
- Student immunisation history
- Any other supporting documents.
Applicants will be shortlisted and then invited into an Interview with a panel. Places will be decided based on the following criteria:
• Commitment to education and motivation for learning and family commitment to being part of the School;
• Student’s academic progress and commitment to studies.
• Student’s demonstrated commitment to the school and local community.
• Gender balance;
• Evidence of financial disadvantage;
• Pastoral considerations
• Acceptance of the Christian values of the School;
For more information about enrolling at Gawura, please contact Mr Bruce Perry, School Registrar:
Ph: 02 9286 9500.