Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who attend Gawura are supported through the school’s scholarship program.
To apply for a scholarship at Gawura, please contact Ms Annie Meek, our Gawura Enrolments Manager.
Gawura offers on average four scholarships each year to new Kindergarten students.
Scholarships are offered for primary school through to Year 6. On completion of Year 6, students are typically offered scholarships to complete their secondary education at St Andrew’s Cathedral School.
Gawura School scholarships are funded by a combination of government grants together with the generous donations of individuals, corporate donors and philanthropic foundations. We thank each and every donor for the extraordinary generosity.
Scholarships cover tuition fees and additional needs like uniforms, participation in St Andrew’s Cathedral School activities including camps & excursion, and additional classroom resources. Students have the opportunity to undertake music tuition and to attend a large variety after school activities including Code Camp and dance classes.
All scholarships are subject to meeting the school’s enrolment criteria outlined below.
Applications close on 1 August 2020.
Enrolment application documents:
To apply for a scholarship at Gawura, please print, fill out and return the Gawura School Enrolment Application Form to Mrs Annie Meek. The application form must include copies of:
- preschool reports, if you have them and are applying for Kindergarten
- If applying for a place in Year 4 or 5 – the last two years of school reports
- Certificate of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander
- Student’s birth certificate or passport
- Parents’ Australian driver’s licence or passport
- Student immunisation history
- Any other supporting documents.
Applicants will be shortlisted and then invited into an interview with a panel. Places will be decided based on the following criteria:
• Commitment to education and motivation for learning and family commitment to being part of the School
• Student’s academic progress and commitment to studies
• Student’s demonstrated commitment to the school and their local community
• Gender balance
• Evidence of financial disadvantage
• Pastoral considerations
• Acceptance of the Christian values of the School.
For more information about enrolling at Gawura, please contact Annie Meek via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph: 02 9286 9500.