Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who attend Gawura are supported through the school’s scholarship program.
To apply for a place in Gawura, please contact Ms Annie Meek, our Gawura Enrolments Manager. We have scholarship places available in 2021 for Kindergarten, Year 5 and Year 6.
Gawura offers on average four scholarships each year to new Kindergarten students.
Scholarships given while your child is at Gawura school from Kindergarten to Year 6. On completion of Year 6, students are typically offered a scholarship to complete their secondary education at St Andrew’s Cathedral School.
Gawura School scholarships are funded by a combination of government grants together with the generous donations of individuals, corporate donors and philanthropic foundations. We thank each and every donor for their extraordinary generosity.
Scholarships cover tuition fees and additional needs like uniforms, participation in St Andrew’s Cathedral School activities including camps & excursion, and additional classroom resources. Students have the opportunity to undertake music tuition and to attend a large variety after school activities including Code Camp and dance classes.
All scholarships are subject to meeting the school’s enrolment criteria outlined below.
Applications for 2021 are about to close. We are taking application for Kindergarten, Year 5 and Year 6.
Enrolment application documents:
To apply for a scholarship at Gawura, please print, fill out and return the Gawura School Enrolment Application Form to Mrs Annie Meek. The application form must include copies of:
- preschool reports, if you have them and are applying for Kindergarten
- if applying for a place in Year 4 or 5 – the last two years of school reports
- Certificate of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander
- student’s birth certificate or passport
- parent/guardian’s Australian driver’s licence or passport
- student’s immunisation history
- any other supporting documents.
Applicants will be shortlisted and then invited into an interview with a panel. Places will be decided based on the following criteria:
• Commitment to education and motivation for learning and family commitment to being part of the School
• Student’s academic progress and commitment to studies
• Student’s demonstrated commitment to the school and their local community
• Gender balance
• Evidence of financial disadvantage
• Pastoral considerations
• Acceptance of the Christian values of the School.
For more information about enrolling, please contact Annie Meek via email at email@example.com
Ph: 02 9286 9500.